So, I started this whole "clean eating" thing back in February 2011, after being really intrigued about a plan called the Whole30 . I decided to give it a go, but quickly realized that I needed to make it more adaptable to the way that our family eats and lives. I like my glass of wine at night. I don't think a piece of gum is going to sabotage me. I think that a DQ Blizzard is a good thing every once in a while. If my friend makes the most awesome jalapeno poppers you've ever had, you know I'm going to have one. But I also know that I feel pretty darn good when I'm eating quality proteins, fats, veggies, fruits and nuts, while leaving out dairy, grains, legumes (including soy and peanuts) and the big one, sugar, at least most of the time.
Here are some of the ways to do just that....

Monday, September 19, 2016

I think I'm doing this...plus, RP's Turkey Enchiladas with Quinoa

It seems like there's a lot of interest in Meg's Meals (do I need to come up with a different name?) and I'm working out the kinks on making it a reality. I'm trying to put together complete meals and using some my friends from my box to test them out. So far, so good! One of the meals that I made was from the Renaissance Periodization Cookbook and got really good reviews.  I added a few extra spices, but basically stayed true to the original recipe. They would prefer that you go to their link if you would like the details. ;-) I also made up a side of quinoa, which I haven't used much of, so I'm glad that it was well received (even Harper ate it!). 





Mexican QuinoaMakes 8 servings: 104 cal/5P/21C(18net)/1F

184 grams whole grain quinoa60 grams chopped onions60 grams chopped bell pepper2 TBS lime juice1 TBS chili powder1TBS cumin powder1 tsp salt1 tsp ground black pepper

Make quinoa according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute peppers and onions in a large sauce pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray until tender. Add quinoa and spices and combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment