So, I started this whole "clean eating" thing back in February 2011, after being really intrigued about a plan called the Whole30 . I decided to give it a go, but quickly realized that I needed to make it more adaptable to the way that our family eats and lives. I like my glass of wine at night. I don't think a piece of gum is going to sabotage me. I think that a DQ Blizzard is a good thing every once in a while. If my friend makes the most awesome jalapeno poppers you've ever had, you know I'm going to have one. But I also know that I feel pretty darn good when I'm eating quality proteins, fats, veggies, fruits and nuts, while leaving out dairy, grains, legumes (including soy and peanuts) and the big one, sugar, at least most of the time.
Here are some of the ways to do just that....

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pumpkin Coconut "Mouffles"

I don't bake very often, but we're in the process of trying to transition the whole family to Paleo, so I needed another breakfast/snack option for the girls.  Plus, I had some really ripe bananas that needed using.  It ended up being a muffin/souffle hybrid that was pretty tasty, especially the next day!  I hadn't gotten my silicon muffin cups yet when I made this, but that would make the process so much easier (and cleaner)!


Preheat oven to 350.  I highly suggest using silicon muffin cups for this.  Otherwise, line a muffin tin with foil liners.

3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 can pure pureed pumpkin (I despise recipes that only use a part of a can, so I through it all in)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup almond flour
1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I only used a tsp, but wished I had used more)
1.5 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Mix everything together.  Put in muffin cups.  Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment