So, I started this whole "clean eating" thing back in February 2011, after being really intrigued about a plan called the Whole30 . I decided to give it a go, but quickly realized that I needed to make it more adaptable to the way that our family eats and lives. I like my glass of wine at night. I don't think a piece of gum is going to sabotage me. I think that a DQ Blizzard is a good thing every once in a while. If my friend makes the most awesome jalapeno poppers you've ever had, you know I'm going to have one. But I also know that I feel pretty darn good when I'm eating quality proteins, fats, veggies, fruits and nuts, while leaving out dairy, grains, legumes (including soy and peanuts) and the big one, sugar, at least most of the time.
Here are some of the ways to do just that....

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Aunt Stacey's Sweet Potato Chips

My sister-in-law made these for us on her last visit and I'm addicted!  This serves 2 as a side dish.


2 sweet potatoes, cut into thin half moons (cut sweet potato lengthwise in half and then cut into half moons).
1 TBS olive oil
sea salt
freshly cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 425.  Place cut sweet potatoes on cookie sheet and toss with olive oil--make sure that they're well spread out.  Season with S&P.  Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.  Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.  Best served hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment