So, I started this whole "clean eating" thing back in February 2011, after being really intrigued about a plan called the Whole30 . I decided to give it a go, but quickly realized that I needed to make it more adaptable to the way that our family eats and lives. I like my glass of wine at night. I don't think a piece of gum is going to sabotage me. I think that a DQ Blizzard is a good thing every once in a while. If my friend makes the most awesome jalapeno poppers you've ever had, you know I'm going to have one. But I also know that I feel pretty darn good when I'm eating quality proteins, fats, veggies, fruits and nuts, while leaving out dairy, grains, legumes (including soy and peanuts) and the big one, sugar, at least most of the time.
Here are some of the ways to do just that....

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fish Tacos



This is almost a non-recipe recipe in that it's pretty simple and that you just sort of use what you have on hand.  I happened to have Swai fillets, but you could use whatever kind of fish that you like.

4 fish fillets (defrosted, if using from frozen)
Sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
cumin powder
chili powder
garlic powder
onion powder
1/4 cup or so of coconut flour (you can make your own by grinding coconut flakes in a food processor)
Romaine leaves, washed and dried
Guacamole, tomato and onion salsa, fresh cilantro, etc.

Pat fillets dry with paper towels and season both sides with S&P, cumin, chili, garlic and onion powders.  Dip in coconut flour.  Place fillets on baking sheet sprayed with olive oil and bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes, depending on fish.

Place each fillet on a Romaine leave and top with desired condiments.  I served mine with roasted butternut squash, but will experiment with Spanish cauli-rice next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment