So, I started this whole "clean eating" thing back in February 2011, after being really intrigued about a plan called the Whole30 . I decided to give it a go, but quickly realized that I needed to make it more adaptable to the way that our family eats and lives. I like my glass of wine at night. I don't think a piece of gum is going to sabotage me. I think that a DQ Blizzard is a good thing every once in a while. If my friend makes the most awesome jalapeno poppers you've ever had, you know I'm going to have one. But I also know that I feel pretty darn good when I'm eating quality proteins, fats, veggies, fruits and nuts, while leaving out dairy, grains, legumes (including soy and peanuts) and the big one, sugar, at least most of the time.
Here are some of the ways to do just that....

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Basil Chicken Saute



The kids wanted spaghetti and meatballs and I had a spaghetti squash on hand, so I said sure (they had traditional marinara and meatballs).

1TBS olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic cloved, minced
1 lb ground chicken
S&P to taste
1 TBS tomato paste
2 TBS chopped basil
1 cup sliced mushrooms

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.  Add chicken and cook through.  Season with S&P and add tomato paste and chopped basil.  Stir well.  Add mushrooms and cook until tender.  I served it over spaghetti squash.

1 comment:

  1. sounds delish! I really need to start taking advantage of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete