So, I started this whole "clean eating" thing back in February 2011, after being really intrigued about a plan called the Whole30 . I decided to give it a go, but quickly realized that I needed to make it more adaptable to the way that our family eats and lives. I like my glass of wine at night. I don't think a piece of gum is going to sabotage me. I think that a DQ Blizzard is a good thing every once in a while. If my friend makes the most awesome jalapeno poppers you've ever had, you know I'm going to have one. But I also know that I feel pretty darn good when I'm eating quality proteins, fats, veggies, fruits and nuts, while leaving out dairy, grains, legumes (including soy and peanuts) and the big one, sugar, at least most of the time.
Here are some of the ways to do just that....

Monday, June 13, 2011

So uninspired these days...

Well, while I haven't been eating lots of crap lately, I've definitely been a little loose in terms of what I have been putting into my body.  One of my issues is that I'm currently just cooking for myself and my girls (hubby is out of town), so I haven't had as much of a desire to cook a real meal that the girls will just turn their noses up at.  Most of the time I end up making a really simple protein (baked chicken, fish, shrimp) and veggies for myself and give the girls the same protein along with a kid friendly veggie (although these days, not many are in my house--grrr!) and a grain or pasta of some sort.  Sorry I haven't had many recipes to share.  This is an example of what I've been eating a lot of--while delicious, not exactly awe-inspiring.

Big Ass Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment